Elaine is the Of Counsel to Lerman Law Group and the founder of The Lens Legal Group in Chicago, Illinois. She helps entrepreneurs and artists accomplish their business goals through advice, contracts, and if necessary, litigation. Drawing on her background in graphic arts and tech, Elaine practices at the intersection of finance, business, and intellectual property. Elaine’s clients have hailed from a variety of industries, from everyday small business to tech companies, music, and film.
Her practice includes:
· Forming new companies
· Educating and advising her clients on legal and business issues
· Licensing and otherwise protecting her clients’ intellectual property
· Drafting and negotiating contracts, including nondisclosure and noncompete agreements
· Securities work, including fund formation, private placements, and other fundraising
· Creating equity incentive plans for employees
Before embarking upon her legal career, Elaine was a photographer, a multimedia programmer, and an adjunct instructor in graphic arts and information design. From the very beginning, she was deeply interested in intellectual property rights.
At Chicago-Kent College of Law, Elaine and her teammate won two national moot court competitions. Elaine also externed in Northern District of Illinois and the Illinois Appellate Court, First District. On the client side, she assisted pro se litigants at the Chicago Legal Clinic’s Chancery Advice Desk. Elaine also worked to provide access to justice through technology, preparing web content for Illinois Legal Aid Online.
Following law school, Elaine served for seven years as an assistant Attorney General for the State of Illinois, litigating appeals and drafting over 130 briefs for State agencies and officials. She finds her immersion in the world of government regulation invaluable in understanding and serving the needs of her private sector clients.
* Admitted to practice in Illinois only.
LERMAN LAW GROUP